On Tuesday, September 29th, we held our conference on the Global Fund and Health Systems Strengthening, co-organized with the AFD (Agence Française de Développement).
By Jean-François Delfraissy (President of Santé mondiale 2030) and Virginie Leroy (Director of the Demographic and Social Transition Department at the AFD).
– Presentation of the results of the study “Global Fund and Health Systems Strengthening“.
By Anne Bekelynck (Sociologist)
– Presentation of the recommendations of the think tank Santé mondiale 2030
By Marie-Paule Kieny (Member and Treasurer of Santé mondiale 2030)
– Round Table 1:What are the operational paths to strengthen the effectiveness of Global Fund financing for health systems strengthening at the country level?
Moderated by Christophe Paquet (Head of the Health and Social Protection Division at AFD).
- Caty Fall (Regional Director for West and Central Africa, Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria)
- Ida Hakizinka (Executive Director, AIDSPAN)
- Eric Fleutelot (Technical Director of the “Major pandemics” unit of Expertise France’s Health Department)
- Simon Kabore (Executive Director of the NGO Access to Essential Medicines Network (RAME))
– Round table 2: What visions for the Global Fund of tomorrow? What place for health systems strengthening in the Global Fund’s new strategy?
Moderated by Paul Benkimoun (member of Santé mondiale 2030)
- Mark Edington (Director of the Grants Department, Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria)
- Agnès Soucat (Director of the Governance and Financing of Health Systems Department at the World Health Organization)
- Frédéric Depétris (Deputy Director of Sustainable Development, Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, France)
By Stéphanie Seydoux (Ambassador for Global Health)